spiders (not from Mars)

Now I know some people are absolutely terrified of spiders.  But I love them.  I think they are marvels of genetic engineering: perfectly formed for their function as a killing machine.

I really wanted one as a pet but I wasn’t allowed.  So, I must make do with the hundreds that have taken up residence in my garden, weaving their webs everywhere meaning that I’m careful not to damage them as I wander around the place, watering and what not.

But it’s best not to get too attached to them as one morning they’ll be gone.  Food for the birds I guess.  Or other, bigger, spiders: the female of the species.


As you can imagine, they have been the subject of my photography interest and here are a couple of images from today.  Look away now if you really don’t like them!

perfect exoskeleton

fleur de lis

Comments

  1. Amazing shots......but.....{{{shiver}}}} I don't DISlike them. I can't bring myself to kill one, but not quite in love with them either.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts