this is why he's called "The Boss"

Regular readers of this will know that I am a massive fan of Bruce Springsteen.  I have all his music and have seen him perform live twice.

As much as I like his recent stuff, I am a huge devotee of his work around the late 70s and early 80s.  Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town and Nebraska are works of an artist at his absolute peak.  But one album stands out for me: The River.  It’s a double album of pure perfection.  Nineteen songs straight from the man’s heart.

If anyone wants to know why he’s called The Boss, listen to this record and watch his live performances from the River Tour.  I just wish I’d been able to witness this show.  Anyway, luckily, we now have YouTube, and thanks to them I can offer you this snippet from 1980.  Please take the time, sit back, get your dancin' shoes on, crank up the volume and marvel at The Boss as he goes about his business!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts