write then

In common with lots of people, I used a computer for the vast majority of my work over the last 15 years or so of my time in employment.  This, along with making rushed notes during meetings meant that my handwriting became, well the only word for it really, appalling.  The comments I used to get from work colleagues were quite frankly embarrassing.  Only a doctor had scratchier writing than me!

I recently went through my old work possessions and discovered a couple of old fountain pens – one dating back to my days as a college student.  I recalled that I used to have lovely handwriting.  Days of making hand written notes and then hours regurgitating knowledge in written exams saw to that.

Anyway, ashamed at the state of my writing I bought myself a notebook and resolved to practice by writing at least 500 every day using one of my fountain pens.

 And guess what?

It’s working.  I’m able to write more slowly, neatly and considerately to the extent that my handwriting is now fairly legible albeit not at the standard it used to be.  I write about any old nonsense and anyone picking up and reading my notebook will surely deduct that they’ve come across the ramblings of a madman. 


Much like this blog then!



Comments

  1. OMG! Your handwriting is gorgeous!!!!! How could you ever have thought it wasn't legible?? It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts