a room to call my own

Since I had to finish work, I’ve always still gone somewhere during the day to get busy and pretend I’m still doing something useful, even if it is just writing for this blog, thinking of new images or videos to make, just writing in my journal or merely writing or scribbling for the fun of it.

For as long as I’ve cared to remember I’ve made do with a temporary office space in the spare bedroom.  I got it kind of how I wanted but it was always a compromise, and even after a recent re-modelling I wasn't really that happy with it.

Well that has now all changed.  That pokey little room has been transformed into a wonderful office space.

I’ve a brand-new desk under the window which runs the full width of the room.  Purpose made drawers contain my photographic paper and other essentials and the walls are now resplendent in crisp white and dark grey with wall mounted shelves for all my camera equipment and paraphernalia.

I’ve laid a brand new wooden floor and created a display wall for my favourite prints or for whatever new image I’ve been working on.

I’m really happy with the fruits of my labours, even though a job that would have taken me a weekend to accomplish when I was well actually took me several weeks.  Still, slow and gentle wins the race.

And now that journey into “work” is even more pleasant an experience.









Comments

  1. What a lovely space to enjoy working! You did a wonderful job! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a great video! You are so natural on camera! I enjoyed the studio tour very much! ps Dexter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts