to sleep perchance to dream...

It’s been around three and a half years since I had to finish working.  I miss it most days, but even more so when my wife is working, and I’m left home. 

Alone.

I’ve always tried my utmost to keep myself busy as much as I can.  I take photos.  I process them and sometimes print them.  I make short videos and edit them.  I write a lot.  I’ve always enjoyed writing.  I write for the sake of it and, of course, I write for this blog.  I think of ideas: things to write about, photograph or film.  And I keep notes on everything.

In short, I try to make my days as “work-like” as possible.  Even though nothing I do is for monetary reward.  Just the satisfaction.

So, it might come as no surprise that I often dream that I am still working, in my old office in Swansea's Guildhall or Civic Centre, at my old job.  

The dreams are surprisingly strange though.  

They more often than not revolve around me not doing something I should have done and getting a major row off my boss.  I think while I’m dreaming these dreams that “hey, I don’t have to be here.  I’ve finished.  I’m ill and am only here out of the goodness of my heart.  I can just walk away”.  But I never do.  I take my punishment and wake up!

I put these dreams down to the fact I didn’t want to retire.  I obviously have unfinished business.  But not doing my job and getting a row?  That is strange as I was a very conscientious worker, and always busy.  I always found something to immerse myself in.

Anyway, perhaps now that my room is finally complete, that unfinished business is, well, finished and the dreams will stop.  I’ll let you know in the morning.  

After my 10am meeting.



what I should be dreaming about 

Comments

  1. LOL I still have nightmares that I never really graduated from high school and I have to go back!!!! (Even though I went to college....) Scary...... :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts